These Korean ground beef egg rolls are everything you’ve ever wanted in an appetizer. They’re crunchy, sweet, beefy, savory, and a little juicy. It’s also easy to make and perfect to share! Makes for the perfect party favor.
Korean egg rolls are an Asian-inspired dish that is easy to make at home. If you have an air fryer, you can easily shed off half of the fat from traditional frying. Using an air fryer wont compromise flavor and will refrain from such an oily mess.
This dish has expanded greatly in popularity and can be brought into your home by making this yourself. Whats up chef, tell me take out who!?
Korean ground beef egg rolls – what sets this recipe apart
Traditional egg rolls at chinese restaurants usually calls for pork and can sometimes be very salty. These egg rolls have a perfect balance between sweet and savory.
The carrots bring in that extra sweetness while ginger and sugar help add in more depth of flavors.
The way the beef is seasoned is also different than regular American beef seasoning. If you’ve ever had Korean beef at a proper Korean restaurant, then you know exactly what i’m talking about.
They love to make it some what sweet and the meat is just that much juicier.
The ingredients in this recipe calls for quality ground beef, garlic, sesame oil, ginger, carrots, and sugar for some sweetness. This is a perfect dish to make along side some fresh greens with this amazing carrot ginger dressing.
There’s something about the carrot match sticks in the rolls that add in the extra sweetness in every bite. It’s amazing, I love it. I can’t wait to make these again. My partner loved them and I know you willl too!! 😀
How to make egg rolls with ground beef
The most important thing with making eggs rolls with ground beef is that you season your meat well!! This is so simple but its incredibly important. The meat is an essential part of this recipe so its important that you cook that correctly and then evenly portion out for each single egg roll.
Luckily, seasoning ground beef for egg rolls is very simple and won’t call for any additional skills or tricks.
Beef egg roll recipe ingredients
Makes 18 egg rolls
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- .75 pound quality grass fed beef
- 2 1/2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of minced ginger
- .20 cup of soy sauce (use coconut aminos if watching sodium)
- 2 carrots cut into short match sticks
- 1 egg – optional (to brush)
- .40 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 18 egg roll wrappers
How to make korean ground beef egg rolls
- Heat a nonstick pan with medium heat and add your oil.
- Sautee the garlic and ginger and then quickly add your beef and sesame oil.
- Add soy sauce and brown sugar.
- Meanwhile the meat cooks, break the meat into smaller chunks using the point of your wooden spoon if its too big.
- Cook everything until it has absorbed all the liquids – it should be shiny not soupy or soggy.
- Put your meat to the side in a seperate plate and add in your carrot sticks.
- Let cook for 3-5 minutes until the carrots are mildy soft.
- Put your carrots to the side and let everything cool (5-10 minutes).
- Grab your egg rolls and prep them accordingly.
- Add about 2 tbsp of filling – 1 tbsp of carrots (should be about 6 carrot pieces) and tbsp of beef.
- Carefully fold and close like a burrito wetting sides when you need to seal.
- Optional – use a seasoning brush to lightly brush with either an egg wash or sesame oil – ******do not brush with both
- Warm oil to ideal temperature (ideally 350 degrees fareheit)
- Add about 5 egg rolls at once and let cook for 3-5 minutes per side, switching sides to cook consistently.
- Finished once all sides are golden brown
- Preheat your over to 400 degrees farenheit
- Instead of only brushing with egg wash – you would also brush lightly with vegetable oil so the dough isn’t dry. Feel free to skip if you are oil free. Brush all sides of the egg rolls.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes. Switch sides half way.
To air fry
- Follow the same steps as above.
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray – do not skip this step, your egg rolls will stick and break and it will be a mess
- Cook at 200C (400f) for 6 minutes and then flip sides and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Should be golden brown and ready to eat!
There you have it. Would you make these egg rolls at home? I really can’t wait to try these again. Super yum!!